October 14, 2006

Geoform Dot Net

2004, Venture 1, 36x36

A year or two ago I was approached by the creator of Geoform, a non commercial site that curates and features (ta-daaa) geometric abstract paintings and a few interviews as well. Recently, the site was being updated and I was asked for images of newer work so I suggested the new B series I'm focusing on at present. The conversation moved to links and search engines (I don't find the site when I search my name or the simple keywords 'geometric abstracts') but I didn't mention another aspect of the site that bothers me... if my name was Abbot, it wouldn't because my work would always be right on top, but considering the number of artists they have gathered, most are buried deep within the site. Only if you are looking for a particular artist by name (who may or may not be included) would you succeed. In any case, I'm delighted to be included as there are some top flight artists on board and association with same is a good thing. But alphabetical listings are not really a fair way to distribute front row positions on such a nice presentation.

4 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

It's an attractive looking site. I know what you mean by the problems with the alpha listings. But at least they show thumbnails, where other sites don't.

Karen Jacobs said...

I should have emphasized the up-side of being included on the site... not nitpick about an old bug-a-boo of mine. The alphabet is here to stay! As Annette would say, "Would you like a little cheese with your whine?"

Johnnie Scoutten said...

One of my favorite paintings.

Anonymous said...

Actually the directory is entirely sortable by clicking on the column heading to order them by column, click again for ascending or descending order.
Quite useful and unique in the world of community art sites.