October 27, 2008

I Forgot...


Forgot to publish my last post explaining my road trip absence. Took paintings to NOLA gallery and spent an extra day with the g-kids. Got a good response from the gallery and had good time with the kids... including school bingo Friday night, a soccer game Sat morning and football game that afternoon. Busy, busy whirlwind! Back home to relax but not for long. Will take the big commission to Atlanta tomorrow, they would pay for shipping but what a hassle to pack for shipping and the rest of it... this way we can hit Ikea to be sure we haven't overlooked anything REALLY important (one of the few fun shopping adventures I still enjoy.)

On Friday I'll head for another paint day in Port Gibson, MS... I missed last year but I recall the great experience of a couple years ago. The word around here is that I should get out more... I'm trying! I really am trying!

As to the top photo... our cul-de-sac has lost a valued neighbor to cancer. A dear man who spent many hours with his wife in their garden, doing what they liked to do best. Every time we looked toward their house we either saw them working together or enjoyed the results of their work together. He will be missed by all...

No comments: