March 14, 2006

The Twins...

I've mentioned the diptych before, the forlorn, neglected pair that suffered only because I've been so caught up in the history of Languedoc Roussillon. But I did have some good days in the studio this week and had just taken an in-progress photo when I received word from a corporate art dealer in Montgomery, asking about large paintings! I don't usually deal much with Montgomery because it's such a realist kind of town, but every once in awhile, she'll need something like mine, so maybe these big babies (70x60, total) will get finished after all. She's shown the image to the client and though it's a bit over their budget, they really liked it and she thinks she can make the deal. Something about being ideal for their lobby... (wonder if I'll ever know who's lobby?) Not a done deal, so still playing it cool. Guess I have a job to finish tomorrow, instead of meandering through another half dozen versions of this painting, though I can see clearly from this image that there's some serious balancing and interlocking to be done. Large paintings are hard to judge when one's nose is usually within inches of the canvas... digitals become all important in this regard.