May 04, 2007

Medical Excuse...

As mentioned, a couple of days ago my husband took a flying leap from a ladder as a freshly sawn tree branch took aim at him on it's way down. It involved 911, ambulances, doctors, etc... thought it was the usual sprain which would simply involve a slower pace but life would go on as planned. However, the situation went from bad to worse which meant another doctor visit this morning before heading for Memphis. The final medical word, although no bones were broken, was to keep it elevated higher than his heart... so that pretty much scotched our trip plans. I called the gallery and let them know that we wouldn't be able to make the opening. His foot is blown up twice it's normal size and he's a high maintenance type patient. I swear I didn't pray for this kind of interference! We really were packed and ready to go.

I wonder if someday I'll look back at this moment in time and think that it was the turning point. I've wondered if such a point would be recognizable. Momentum has been working in my favor for quite some time but after awhile it simply becomes coasting. And we all know coasting is only good for downhill runs. Well, we'll see. I'll keep on painting, keep on supplying my four galleries in four states with fresh work... it's what I do. And I love what I do. And I have lots more ideas I want to paint... and I will. But I need a little break. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

p said...

ps
hope he recovers exponentially!
and your welcome for the links

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Give J my best wishes for a speedy recovery---and try not to "nurse" to hard,

Linda S.

Martha Marshall said...

Oh, that hurts!! So sorry about J's pain, and your obvious disappointment at not being able to make the opening. I know your show will be just spectacular.

Walker said...

Oh you know you love being loved! When the next solo opportunity comes along (with the attending opening party) I bet you'll take the bait!
Robin

Karen Jacobs said...

BTDT, Robin! Watch me!