January 26, 2009

The Nature of the Blog...

The written word relies on something other than facial expression or vocal intonation to fully get it's meaning across. A casual or flip remark can easily be interpreted as callous or uncaring. Blogs are personal journals, at least that's how I consider mine, and a degree of truthfulness in expression should be expected. Those who know me personally have seldom accused me of being hurtful but from time to time, I've had reason to think that what I've wrtten has been misinterpreted, or I just didn't choose my words wisely. My editing is not always as thorough as it should be and I will try to do better. I hope my readers will assume the best of what I write... sometimes my idea of clever brevity doesn't carry as it should.

That said, I will continue... but not tonight.

No comments: