May 11, 2006

That Was Then, This Is Now...

Prior to the adventure of France, I had a pretty good rhythm going here... almost daily entries featuring a painting from the archives which somehow tied into 'the theme of the day'. I'd like to reclaim that sense of purpose, mainly because it allowed me to revisit early works, reminding myself of where I've been... and fueling the potential to travel on.

But that was then and this is now... all that fueled potential in the studio has yet to provide any finished work, despite a decent attempt in the studio. Two large paintings in progress... both suggested by galleries as having potential buyers (not commissions... smart people don't pay up front for unseen works they'll have to live with for eternity.) So am trying to read the minds of mysterious art patrons and am frustrated to not be able to tackle my own ideas. I should just cover the canvas(es) and shove them out the door to fend for themselves instead of poking and prodding them to grow up and make something of themselves!

Okay... got that out of my system. Now to go back downstairs to see if they've managed to finish themselves...

No comments: