January 07, 2024

I may delete this blog post... I may not. It's been a long time since I blogged, or even, knowingly, read blogs. Things have changed in many ways and I'm not sure I've addapted or even if I get it anymore. Yes, I know I've changed. You don't accumulate eighty-five years without understanding how subtle yet sudden and sharply things can mutate into something unrecognizeable. No, I'm not talking about my hands or my hair, I mean technology, dammit! Nothing stays the same except maybe the silly invented name. Here I am on a 'Google' blog, possibly linking it to a 'Facebook' post. Those names have been around for awhile, but how much longer? The alphabet generation has mostly moved on Some kids hang around to be sure the old folks aren't talking about them... or are, but mainly just checking in but that's okay. That part I do get. I do have a memory, donchaknow? And it remembers lots, except maybe passwords. Which reminds me of an explanation I recently made on behalf of my efforts: "I’m thinking of the days before emojis and gifs when actual discussions and working through life's learning adventures, good and not so good, were followed as a family might. Before confusion between actual advice/recommendations and sponsored ads/algorithms entered the picture. Blogs were only one way to momentarily hold the stage, as I look back, I think the best discussions were had via email groups. Guess I’ve reached that point in time where looking back is more adventuresome than into the foggy future." Okay, that's enough for now... I'm on an unfamiliar laptop arrangement and... enough said. For now, anyway. If I figure this out... well, we'll see.

1 comment:

Casilime said...

Thank you for the time and energy you invest in your readers.