May 05, 2008

Stimuli...

Road trip coming up! Will be meeting up with a few e-friend artists in Orlando and Tampa next week. Much more on that as it happens... just know that I really need to get out of my shell for a few days. Been thinking thoughts that are not conducive to good production in the studio... the familiar dip in endorphins resulting from lack of stimuli. Time to get out among artists for good talk and sightseeing with an artistic bent. Gotta get a rush going that will show results in the studio. It's worked before, I know this is the medicine I need. Too much sameness dulls the senses and mine are beyond dull these days...

Spring is doing a good job in these parts... when it's not sending tornados and micro bursts thundering across our landscapes. We're thinking it was a micro burst that picked up a full grown oak out of our back woods, gave it a twist and threw it down against a few others. Take a look at the stump it left:

That was no push-over, that was a pull up with a twist!

I'm off to spend the day at the lake... a minor R&R along with a bit of oak tree pulling and twisting myself... hundreds of sprouted oaks from a HUGE acorn crop... coming up all over my few cultivated areas. This is the result of our drought last summer... the attempt to reproduce in the face of danger... spring bloom was outstanding this year (same need to reproduce) and now the pollen is suffocating! The weather, however, is beautiful... I'm off...

1 comment:

Annette Bush said...

We lost a tree last week as well No winds. I guess the drought just got it because there were no roots!

I look forward to bing one of the e-friends on the road trip. See you next week.