November 28, 2007

Tiz The Season...?


Hey! Looks red and green to me!

So with Thanksgiving behind us it's time to decorate, right? Wrong! Sure, we'll put wreaths on the dormers and door but don't expect me to tacky up the place with seasonal glitz and bling. Anyway, numerous house plants that summered on the back deck now take up all available space in the living/dining rooms, making it seem more tropical than holiday-ish. How do you decorate around a seven foot schefflera and a garish corkscrew croton hogging window space?

And I much prefer my huge cardboard palm in the dinning room to gold bells and fake pine... and I didn't even show the Chinese Fan Palm(s)...

It hit me this morning (duh!) this mood I've been hauling around is nothing new, this is THE SEASON! The one I got OVER when my kids stopped believing in Santa. Then briefly surged with spirit as the g-kids appeared with their big eyes full of wonder. But that's over too. Fact is, I'm not a holiday person... they come around way too often for my benefit... we just finished Xmas a few months ago, for cryin' out loud! There are some side benefits, granted, but for the most part, let me just watch and think appropriate thoughts. Don't ask me to dance!

Okay, I need something to blame for the fact that nothing is happening in the studio... holidays will serve the purpose just fine. I'm not liking anything in progress... no sparks, zippo. Is it the season? Umm, works for me...

... Maybe a few poinsettias could fit in and around... I'll try to behave...

1 comment:

Daphne Enns said...

You could always simply look forward to all of the food...

I love Christmas despite the fact that I end up quite depressed every year...for now I'll try to keep busy but not too busy.