May 08, 2007

Art Strips...


I was recently tagged, a game similar to chain letters but you are supposed to do a little Q & A or something... nah, not gonna (the tagger figured I probably wouldn't) but in the spirit of community: everyone on my sidebar, consider yourself tagged... and I'll reveal this scintillating fact about myself:

I'm jazzed about good news in Blogdom this morning... one of my favorite comics will return soon! Pibgorn,on my regular read list, was kicked off comics.com apparently due to sexual innuendo, but will reappear on gocomics.com mid month. Brooke McEldowney also creates 9 Chickweed Lane which is another story telling strip on the top of my list. There's a lot of background in both that helps you better appreciate the storyline and inside jokes. If both strips aren't considered works of art, I've lost the definition.

Yep, I'm a fan... they say people who start every day with the comics live longer... fun insurance. My all time favorite strip? For Better Or For Worse which I've been reading since the now adult Patterson kids were babes... their kids and mine have grown up together and they feel like family. There are many other favs... I sometimes dip into the archives of Calvin and Hobbes just to remember one of the best.

4 comments:

Joe said...

As the network execs said about the original StarTrek series, "It is a bit too cerebral." Give me Calvin any day!

Karen Jacobs said...

Well, well... if it isn't Michael Patterson's big brother Joe! Wonder how you define a pretend tiger friend with more common sense than most politicians. Sounds pretty cerebral to me ;-)

meno said...

I am a comics person too. I read most of them everyday, except for the two or three that i hate.

I am going to check this out.

Olga Norris said...

Comic strips, like animated films are the puppet shows of our day - and I am a fan of all three.