February 06, 2007

La Mer

Coming up on the first anniversary of my month long residency in France and the memories keep bubbling up. We visited the little book village of Montolieu near Carcassonne and I came away with a couple of souvenir books... one, La Mer, was purchased as collage fodder but it wasn't until this week that I actually began using it. I've created this long, skinny scroll type painting (20x72) that was just >>blahhhh<< sitting there. Made an edging of the French text which gave it another layer of interest. No photo of the work yet... later.

5 comments:

CMC said...

Ahhh...reminds me of my first trip to France and the Med in 2000. Quite a long time later I worked on two mixed media panels that reminded me of the trip and I titled them La Mer 1 & 2. A gallery in Santa Fe of all places took them and sold them. Go figure....the Med in the middle of NM.

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen

Ahhh! We used to travel in France 2 or 3 times a year until we came to New Zealand in 1999. Such lovely memories.

Am shortly publishing your Bio on Art Blogs 4 U and wondered if you meant to send in a longer one? Sorry to contact you here about it but I have no other contact details for you. And please would you place to reciprocal link for AB4U here?

best wishes

Walker said...

can't wait to see this one Karen!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Montolieu is where we accidentally spent way too much on a 4 volume set of bug books. sigh. I wish I was there right now.

Karen Jacobs said...

Seems I'm not the only one with memories of the area... not surprising! KJ